Manassas & Manassas Park Cities Democratic Committee 2017 Call to Caucus – Delegate Selection for Tenth Congressional District Reorganization Convention
Whereas, it is the duty of the Manassas & Manassas Park Cities Democratic Committee (MMPCDC) to issue the Call to Caucus for the purpose of electing 11 delegates to the Tenth Congressional District Democratic Nominating Convention (8 from Manassas and 3 from Manassas Park):
Now therefore be it resolved that the Manassas & Manassas Park Cities Democratic Committee hereby issues the Call to Caucus to convene two assembled caucuses for Precincts in the Tenth Congressional District at 7:00 pm, Thursday, April 20, 2017 at Manassas Park Police Station, 329 Manassas Dr, Manassas Park VA 20111, for the purpose of electing delegates to the May 13th, 2017 Tenth Congressional District Democratic Committee Reorganization Convention, and the following provisions shall govern the caucus, to wit:
- Pre-filing: Those wishing their names to be placed on the ballot at the Caucus shall pre-file their candidacy by 5:00 pm Thursday, April 13 with the Chair of the MMPCDC at 9625 Park St, Manassas VA 20110 by U.S. Mail, by hand delivery, or by email to [email protected]
- Voluntary Administrative Fee: There shall be a voluntary administrative fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) for each person filing for delegate, payable to MMPCDC. Payment of this fee is completely voluntary. Note that $10.00 of this fee is for the Tenth Congressional District Democratic Committee and $10.00 of the fee is for MMPCDC to help defray costs of the Convention and caucus, respectively.
- Notice Requirements: The MMPCDC shall cause to be published the time, date, and location of the Assembled Caucus at least 7 days prior to the Caucuses. A copy of this call shall (a) be published on the MMPCDC official website [https://www.manassascitydemocrats.org], (b) sent to the Democratic Party of Virginia and the 10th CD Democratic Committee, and (c) sent by Press Release to the MMPCDC media list.
- Conduct of the Caucus: The doors to the Caucus will be opened at 6:00 pm and will remain open until 7:00 pm. Those in line at 7:00 pm will be allowed to complete the check-in process and will be permitted to vote. Those arriving after 7:00 pm will not be admitted to participate.
- The Chair of MMPCDC or his/her designee shall act as the Temporary Chair of the Caucus. The first act of business of the caucus will be to elect a Permanent Chair and Secretary. The Chair will appoint other Officers of the Caucus as is deemed appropriate. The “Rules for Assembled Caucuses – Manassas & Manassas Park Cities VA” and the Virginia Democratic Party Plan shall govern the Order of the Caucuses.
- Affirmative Action: It shall be the duty of each local precinct Democratic chair and the members of each local Democratic Committee to take all feasible steps to encourage broad participation in the delegate selection process. Discrimination based on race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, ethnic identity or economic status in the delegate selection process is prohibited.
- Cancellations: The Caucus Chair may cancel a caucus provided the number of people who pre-file by the deadline is equal to or less than the number of delegates allocated to the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park Notification of the cancellation shall be posted on the MMPCDC website by 5 pm on Friday, April 18.
- Call Distribution: It shall be the duty of the Manassas & Manassas Park Cities Democratic Committee Chair to publish The Call to Caucus.
Adopted: April 2, 2017 (date) Signed: Allen Muchnick (Signature of Chair)
|Paid for by the Manassas & Manassas Park Cities Democratic Committee [www.manassascitydemocrats.org]. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.|