1. Call. Pursuant to Virginia Code Section 24.2-510(1) and the Democratic Party Plan of Virginia (“the Party Plan”), the Manassas & Manassas Park Cities Democratic Committee (MMPCDC) hereby calls an Unassembled Caucus for the sole purpose of choosing a Democratic nominee for City of Manassas Commissioner of the Revenue in the General Election to be held on November 7, 2017.
The Caucus will be held on Thursday, June 8, 2017 in the Manassas City Hall Council Chambers, 9027 Center St, Manassas VA 20110. Doors will open for voter certification and voting at 6:30 pm, and voting will cease at 8:30 pm. Persons standing in line at the time the doors close will be allowed to participate in the caucus.
2. Caucus Rules, Forms, and Information. Caucus Rules will be posted, along with other pertinent forms and information about the nominating process, on the MMPCDC website (www.manassascitydemocrats.org).
3. General Participation Requirements. Each participant in the Caucus must be a qualified voter in the City of Manassas at the time of her or his participation. No participant in the Caucus may intend to support any candidate who is opposed to the Democratic nominee in the General Election. Every person who participates in the Caucus must have her or his voter registration status verified and complete a Caucus Declaration Form.
4. Voting Opportunities. Participants in the Caucus may vote only in person and at the time and location noted above. (Note: Each voter may arrive during the time listed, cast his or her vote, and leave.)
5. Candidate Requirements. As announced in our original Call issued on May 2, 2017, each candidate for nomination must meet all applicable requirements of state law, the Party Plan, and the Caucus Rules. Each candidate for nomination must have submitted a completed Declaration of Candidacy form to MMPCDC co-chair Allen Muchnick no later than May 26, 2017 at 5:00 pm. Since two candidates have properly filed for the City of Manassas Commissioner of the Revenue nomination, this nominating caucus cannot be cancelled and will be held as rescheduled and described above.
For questions about the Caucus, please contact Allen Muchnick, Co-Chair of the MMPCDC at email@example.com or 571-358-9893.